PACE Workout – 3 times per week (haven’t started yet)
Each session should last about 15 minutes and will help to increase energy, balance mood, balance hormones, decrease cholesterol and blood sugars, increase heart and lung function and improve lean body mass and help lose weight.
1. Warm up 1-2 minutes
2. Cycle 6X between BURSTING until you are winded (15-45 seconds) and STOPPING abruptly to catch your breath (15-90 seconds)
3. Cool down for 1-2 minutes
20 minutes of the following combined each and every day (effective as anti-depressants and anti-anxiety agents in the literature after 13 weeks of constant application).
Make sure to WAKE at the same time each and every day; also make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep each night if you can. This will help create a rhythm and begin to heal any adrenal stress.
Drink 60+ oz of WATER daily – if you are not already drinking that much, please slowly ramp up to that amount over the next few weeks.
For the next 12 weeks (until November 11, 2011), use 9″-11″ plates to control portion sizes.
* 3/4 plants, 1/4 lean protein
* 1-2 Tbs lime juice before/between meals
* 1-2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar with meals
* NO grains
* NO food colorings/additives/MSG
* NO dairy (eggs are ok)
* NO sugar
* DO Eat small, frequent meals (8am breakfast, 10am snack, noon lunch, 3pm snack, 6pm dinner, 9:30pm snack)
* DO Eat: red raspberries (any berries with external seeds); coconut; steamed broccoli, cabbage (and to a lessor extent: cauliflower and Brussels sprouts) to decrease the action of aromatase and help balance hormones.
* DO Eat: rosemary (rosmernic acid) to support thyroid
* ADD lime juice to water to balance insulin and blood sugars